DDR Membrane - CO2 Separation for Natural Gas Treatment
DDR membrane process is a high-efficiency CO2 separation technology using a DDR-type zeolite membrane. It is suitable for CO2 separation from associated gas deriving from CO2-EOR and natural gas with high CO2 content. DDR membrane can enhance product yields because of a very high selectivity for CO2/CH4. This technology is jointly developed by JGC and NGK Insulators, Ltd.
Advantages of DDR Membrane
- Applicable to high pressure and high CO2 gas fields (high CO2 partial pressure durability)
- CH4 loss in DDR membrane process is much smaller than in conventional polymeric membrane process
(Approximately 1/10 or less than conventional polymeric membranes)
- DDR membrane enables an economic, one-stage system
- DDR membrane can be adapted to changing, increasing levels of CO2 over time, by retrofitting
- The largest zeolite membrane element in the world, it can only be manufactured by NGK Insulators, Ltd.
DDR Membrane Element
|Element size||Diameter: 180 mm, Length: 1,000 mm|
|Membrane surface area||12 m2|
|Membrane module type||Monolithic|
|Pressure resistance||Max. 8 MPaG|
Road Map to Commercialization
Current stage is field test stage. After completion of field test, DDR Membrane will be commercialized.