Individual JGC Group policies are linked below. Click on your policy of interest for details.
CSR (Corporate Social Responsibility) Policy
JGC is committed to fulfilling its role as a member of society (Corporate Citizenship). We recognize that the foundation of our business activities is strengthened by contributing to the prosperity of the world economy and society; to the healthy preservation of the global environment; and to the sustainable development of society and the global environment. To meet this commitment, JGC hereby establishes the following principles, which shall be applied, throughout its operations.
- 1.We shall conduct our business with a full understanding of the importance of quality, safety, and the environment.
- 2.We shall provide our social contributions using the characteristics of the JGC Group.
- 3.We shall comply with legal requirements inside and outside the country, and conduct our business in a fair and sincere manner following a proper governance system.
- 4.We shall disclose necessary information to our stakeholders in a timely and appropriate manner.
- 5.We shall endeavor to maintain and further improve fair human resource management to develop people's ability and vitality based on mutual trust and responsibility.
- 6.We shall promote the awareness of CSR and further develop our CSR activities reflecting the voices of stakeholders.
Health, Safety and Environment (HSE) Corporate Policy
JGC's corporate management is committed to providing a safe and healthful place of work throughout all of JGC's facilities, offices and work sites and to making every effort towards eliminating or minimizing any environmentally adverse effects of JGC's operations.
Thus, JGC will, in all of its operations and at all locations where work is being carried out under its control, promote the highest standards in health, safety, and environmental preservation and protection by establishing, implementing and maintaining an HSE Management System that will include such elements as targets and standards for HSE performance, HSE education programs and motivational incentives, and assessments and accountability for achievement of those targets and standards.
To meet this commitment, JGC in carrying out its operations, will in all cases, abide by the following principles:
- Provide plants that meet the highest standards for safety and operation, and place the minimum burden on the environment.
- Place the highest priority on the health and safety of personnel and on the preservation and protection of the environment.
- Plan and perform work in accordance with the HSE Management System.
- Hold employees, including those of Vendors and Subcontractors, responsible for their own HSE and that of their colleagues.
- Ensure that personnel are trained in HSE.
- Review, monitor and measure HSE performance for continual improvement.
- Provide full cooperation to clients, statutory authorities and local communities.
This policy shall be posted at all locations under JGC control, and all those engaged in work for JGC or present at those locations shall be aware of its contents and shall commit themselves to its fullest implementation.
Safety and Health Policy
JGC JAPAN CORPORATION places the highest priority on maintaining the safety and good health of all the personnel participating in or affected by JGC's operations and preventing property losses as JGC serves its clients, industry and the world community.
In the fulfillment of the above-stated policy, JGC hereby declares:
First JGC's management, employees and project employees are committed to continuing efforts for zero accidents, injuries and property losses.
Second JGC's management encourages safety and health awareness among its employees on an ongoing basis.
Third Regardless of the location, nature and type as well as size of projects, all applicable safety and health rules shall be strictly applied on all of JGC's projects.
JGC JAPAN CORPORATION ensures that this policy, related directives and procedures are thoroughly communicated and implemented throughout the corporation and subcontractors engaged in JGC's projects.
In 2016, the JGC Group issued its "Beyond the Horizon" medium-term business plan which both defines its growth strategies and clarifies the direction and business areas of the group over a period of 10 years. Based on the contents of this plan, JGC Holdings, JGC Corporation and JGC Japan establish this Quality Policy in order to ensure success in all of the projects undertaken by these Group companies.
- 1.We shall provide the quality that fulfills all of the applicable requirements, by the application of our wide-ranging technological expertise and project execution skills built up through years of experience combined with the latest advances in information technology based on our IT Grand Plan.
- 2.We shall pursue the realization of an evolving organization that promises continual improvement and gives rise to innovation and improvement, through combining a strong sense of individual responsibility and creativity with a will to break down barriers between departments and among individuals.
- 3.We shall aim to establish ourselves as an organization that will prompt customers to view us as their first-choice contractor when they are faced with new or advanced technical challenges in an ever-changing business environment.
- 4.In our core business of overseas oil and gas, while accurately assessing risks and opportunities, we shall aim to function as a global contractor by further strengthening our project execution competence, pursuing technological advantages and expanding our business scope and markets.
- 5.In the fields of overseas infrastructure, we shall establish a united front with our overseas group companies using an account-focused strategy to boost growth in projects such as power generation, metals and airport development.
- 6.In our domestic business fields, we shall continue to seek contracts for projects related to oil and gas, renewable energy, nuclear power, life sciences, health care, and other fields. In addition, we shall develop new fields through proposing solutions to new and advanced technical challenges facing our customers.
As a global engineering company creating a more prosperous future for people and the earth, JGC Holdings Corporation, JGC Corporation and JGC Japan Corporation establish the following environmental policies to contribute to the protection of the earth's environment.
- 1.To establish, maintain and work through regular review for the continuous improvement of an Environmental Management System that clearly states and provides for the implementation of environmental targets for office operations and project execution which contribute to the prevention of environmental pollution.
- 2.To use our technical expertise to provide our clients with access to services that contribute to the protection of the earth's environment.
- 3.To fully conform with environmental laws and regulations established for the protection of the environment and with related agreements reached with clients and stakeholders.
- 4.To minimize the burden on the environment from office operations by reducing waste, promoting reuse and recycling, and limiting energy consumption.
- 5.To strictly observe the following principles in carrying out the engineering, procurement and construction work for our projects.
- In our design work for projects we shall strive to minimize adverse impacts on the environment through measures that include limiting the consumption of resources and energy, and working to prevent pollution of the air, water and soil.
- In procurement, we shall encourage vendors that show a positive attitude toward the use of environmentally friendly manufacturing practices.
- In construction, we shall minimize the use of resources and the production of waste, promote recycling, and strive to protect the environment through preventing the pollution of the air, water and soil.
Social Contribution Policy
"Quality, Safety, and the Environment," "Social Contribution," "Employee Satisfaction," "Information Disclosure," "Compliance," and "Governance" are six the fundamental components which guide JGC's CSR Policy. Furthermore, JGC has established four target areas for our Social Contribution Policy, in line with the unique capabilities of JGC Group.
- 1.Environment: To actively contribute to environmental conservation
- 2.Education: To support the education of the next generation of qualified professionals
- 3.Science and Technology: To support science and technology that will form the foundation of sustainable development
- 4.Community Contribution: To contribute to the sustainable development of the areas where we do business
- 1. Policy Statement
- JGC Holdings Corporation (hereinafter “JGC Holdings”) strives to conduct fair, equitable, and appropriate information disclosure. JGC Holdings shall continue to engage in constructive communication with stakeholders, and incorporate the opinions from the stakeholders onto its management policy for the ongoing growth of the JGC Group, as well as the medium and long-term improvement of its corporate value.
- 2. Disclosure Standards
- JGC Holdings practices precise, fair and appropriate information disclosure, in accordance with the “Timely Disclosure Rules for Issuers of Listed Negotiable Securities or Valuable Instruments” (hereinafter “Timely Disclosure Rules”), as set by the laws and regulations in relation to the Financial Instrument and Exchange Law, as well as the Tokyo Stock Exchange.
For any information that is not covered by the Timely Disclosure Rule, JGC Holdings conducts disclosure of information deemed to meet the needs of the investors, such as the materials at the financial briefings, etc., in a proactive and fair manner.
- 3. Methods of Information Disclosure
- Information requiring disclosure under the Timely Disclosure Rules shall be disclosed on the Tokyo Stock Exchange information disclosure system (TDnet), complying to the Timely Disclosure Rules and upon the briefing to the Tokyo Stock Exchange. In disclosing information beyond what is required to be released under the Timely Disclosure Rules, JGC Holdings is endeavoring to ensure that such information is provided as much precisely and fairly as possible to general investors in an appropriate manner in light of the purpose of timely disclosure. Accordingly, when confirming any aspect of our disclosed information, it is recommended that you refer to both this homepage and TDnet.
- 4. Disclosure Structure
- JGC Holdings maintains the following organizational structure for the appropriate information disclosure stated above.
- 5. Future Prospects
- In addition to the performance forecast submitted to the Tokyo Stock Exchange, JGC Holdings may disclose guidance in relation to its future prospects for investors and securities analysts to conduct business forecasts. Likewise, any information mentioned in lectures, responses to questions, documents issued by JGC Holdings, contents posted on our website, may include current plans, forecasts, and business strategies.
- In all cases, such information is a future forecast based on certain assumptions that are not historical facts and based on the judgment of the management from JGC Holdings upon the currently available information.
- Therefore, we recommend that investors considering JGC Holdings’ financial results and corporate value do not rely exclusively on these forward-looking statements.
- Please acknowledge that the actual results could differ significantly owing to various material factors.
- Factors affecting the performance include, among others, 1. Global and domestic economic conditions, 2. Domestic and global energy supply and demand, 3. Exchange rate.
- 6. Regarding the Period of Silence
- JGC Holdings establishes a “period of silence” before the announcement of its financial results and does not answer any questions or makes comments in relation to its financial results, to prevent the leakage of information that might influence stock price during the preparation period of the announcement materials.
- During this period, however, should JGC Holdings anticipates that results will vary significantly from the forecasts, we will, accordingly, disclose such information by means of a press release or via TDnet.
Personal Information Protection Policy
- 1.JGC Group shall take great care and shall use appropriate measures to protect the personal information received from leakage, loss and, disposal, as well as from unauthorized access, usage, alteration, and disclosure.
- 2.Personal information received shall not be disclosed to third parties without the consent of the user, unless otherwise stipulated by law.
- 3.Private information received shall be strictly managed to avoid unauthorized access by third parties to the extent legitimate.
Basic Policy for JGC Group Information Security
Information and information systems are important assets, and information security is essential in maintaining the trust of clients, business partners, and other parties, and for fulfilling our social responsibilities. Bearing this in mind, the JGC Group will establish a basic policy for JGC Group information security as follows, and each JGC Group company will make every effort to implement it.
- 1.Observe applicable laws, regulations, and standards relevant to information security.
- 2.Use information assets effectively within the required limits of business activities.
- 3.Take reasonable safety measures and necessary corrective action to prevent unlawful computer access, loss of information, computer hacking, unauthorized modification of data, information leakage, etc.
- 4.Set up an organization for promoting information security with the aim of making continued efforts in the approach to information security and its review, improvement, and enhancement.
- 5.Provide corporate officers and employees with the necessary education and strengthened awareness with respect to information security.